Sunday, January 4

NFL Playoff Predictions

The Divisional playoffs are set:

AFC: Baltimore vs. Tennessee and San Diego vs. Pittsburgh
NFC: Arizona vs. Carolina and Philadelphia vs. NY Giants

My predictions:

AFC championship: Baltimore vs. San Diego
NFC championship: Carolina vs. Philadelphia

What I'm rooting for:

AFC championship: Baltimore vs. San Diego
NFC championship: Arizona vs. NY Giants

I'd like to see Arizona versus San Diego in the Super Bowl, but that's not going to happen. I'm pulling for Arizona in the playoffs this year, but when they get kicked out I'll have to choose another. This is anyone's year. Carolina or Baltimore will probably win it all, but I will give the edge to Carolina as champions.

The wonderful thing about predictions is one gets to see how wrong one was. Good times.

2 comments:

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

Tenn is way better than baltimore. No offense to Mr. Flacco, but look at his stat line against miami. Would you trust that quarterback to do anything other than hand off? If everyone says it's the most important position in football, why count on balt. to win with a crappy quarterback?
SD over Pit - Rivers vs Roethlisberger in the battle for the new Tom Brady. I'm guessing SD, because their story is more improbable and this is an improbable year.

Arizona- stinky team. Carolina - still the same better than average team. Philly v Giants: the true test of NYG's no-respect shtick they've been milking all year. By the way, I'm still not convinced that E Manning doesn't have one more atrocious meltdown in him.
So I'm hoping for a SD v. PHilly superbowl, I guess, which would be good news for SD fans.

BJ Stockman January 6, 2009 at 5:39 PM  

Joseph,

Ha! On Joe Flacco: It's just a guess and I could definitely be proved wrong this weekend. I just think the Titans are over-rated, but maybe I am under-rating a team that is over-rated and should just be mid-rated without the over/under. Kerry Collin's isn't exactly a great QB.

How dare you even have those to guys with the letter R in front of their last name in the same sentence as Thomas Brady.

Arizona stinky team...I didn't say they were great. I just like them. Pure emotional connection that I have based on nothing that fundamental.

Yes, Manning definitely has a choke or two or three or four left in him, but that runs in the Manning family. Super Bowls, ya, one each, big deal. Can you tell I'm bitter about anyone who beats the Pats?

I could be happy with an SD vs. Philly Super Bowl. Yet, I would be most pleased with you and our wives watching the game in my living room no matter who played.

(single tear)