Friday, February 1

Pay Attention to Jesus

As I continue in Hebrews, I'm constantly reminded to listen to the voice of God in His Son Jesus. Hebrews 1 tells me God spoke in Jesus, and then barrages me with the deity of Jesus, the substitution of Jesus for sinners, the superiority of Jesus, and the exaltation and victory of Jesus. Hebrews 2, just in case I wasn't listening, tells me to "pay close attention" to what I've heard and not to "drift" from it. As I mentioned in an earlier blog post, the Gospel is easy to drift from and is to be actively paid attention to not just assumed. How easy it is to assume the Gospel, and in so doing one begins to move away from it, because we drift when we don't pay attention. In chapter 3 I'm told to "consider Jesus" and again the writer constantly points me back to Jesus: to think about Him, to listen to Him, to believe Him, and to see Him.

If we are God's House we must hold fast to him. If we are "sharer's in Christ" we will "hold our original confidence firm to the end." To the end, in this Christian life, it is Jesus, not just at the beginning!

So look at Jesus today. Pay attention to Him. Consider His nature and His accomplishments. Jesus. Jesus. Jesus.

0 comments: