Monday, August 4

Some Thoughts, Recommendations, and Links

So glad to have my wife home...er at least back in the states. We shall return to reality in about a week.

Hit Pei Wei if you ever have a chance. Quick Chinese food that tastes good.

It was such a joy to preach at the Crossing a few times this month, and I'm thankful to Adam and Dave for sharing the pulpit.

Looking forward to fondue tonight. Something I have not yet done...

Trying to decide which book to study next. I've spent a lot of time in Hebrews and am thinking and praying about whether to go to an Old Testament prophet like taking on the Behemoth Ezekiel or going for a gospel. Speaking of biblical study tools, if you are ever in Pasadena, do not pass up the plethora of Christian books at Archives.

I highly recommend Greg Beale's sermons on Revelation, which I think I've mentioned before. I have finally listened to many of them due to the many long drives this summer. He interprets Revelation symbolically, which he believes is the literal interpretive key for the whole book. If you're ready for some light summer reading pick up his 1200 page commentary.

I thought this video was very mean and quite funny; probably not the best way to lead your wife in a joyful day or very beneficial to your relationship:

0 comments: