Wednesday, April 23

Unblemished

Something God taught me a few minutes ago:

Leviticus 22:20: "You shall not offer anything that has a blemish, for it will not be acceptable for you."

This is a problem cause: 1. I am full of blemishes; 2. Therefore anything I might offer would be blemished and imperfect. My sorrow for sin is imperfect my good deeds are not that good. No sacrifice or penance that I could offer would be enough. Verses like this make it clear: a holy God requires an unblemished sacrifice.
Hebrews 9:14: "...how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God."

Problem solved: 1. God gives what he requires; 2. God becomes the unblemished sacrifice in His incarnate Son. Now, I am accepted. My conscience is purified and all my works may be done in service to God in and through Jesus' work.

Amen.

0 comments: